1. Blueberries are low in calories, but high in nutrients
They are among the most nutrient dense berries.
2. They are rich in antioxidants
Blueberries are believed to contain the highest antioxidant capacity of all
commonly consumed fruits and vegetables. These antioxidants may reduce the
risk for heart disease, high cholesterol, and improve memory and brain function.
3. Studies show blueberries may lower blood pressure
Blueberries appear to have significant benefits for people with high blood
pressure (hypertension), a major risk factor for some of the world’s leading
causes of death.
4. Blueberries can Have anti-diabetic effects
Several studies have shown that blueberries have anti-diabetic effects, helping
to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
5. They may help reduce muscle damage after strenuous exercise
Blueberry supplementation may reduce the damage that occurs at the
molecular level, minimizing soreness and reduction in muscle performance.